Driving-Under-the-Influence (DUI) Programs
The objective of the DUI Program is to: reduce the number of repeat DUI offenses by persons who complete a state-licensed DUI program.
Lassen County Driving under the Influence (DUI) Programs can assist individuals in completing court-ordered and DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) requirements. The objective of the DUI program is to reduce the number of repeat DUI offenses by persons who complete state-licensed DUI programs. The DUI Programs will:
- Provide participants an opportunity to address problems associated with drinking and driving;
- Provide education group to consider attitudes and behaviors related to eliminating the use of alcohol and drugs while operating a motor vehicle;
- Provide referrals for ancillary services when needed to support a positive lifestyle.
Classes are not treatment, it is education.
If you feel you need treatment call Lassen County Behavioral Health (530) 251-8108 you may be covered under Medi-Cal.
STATE LICENSED DUI PROGRAMS
Lassen County Driving Under the Influence Programs are here to assist you in completing your court-ordered and DMV requirements and help reduce future DUIs.
• Help you explore your relationship with alcohol and/or drugs and understanding of the inherent risks involved.
• Promote modified drinking/drug use in high-risk situations, such as driving under the influence.
• Provide counseling and education to reduce the likelihood of a repeat DUI offense.
• Proactively help you with alcohol and/or drug problems to make life affirming choices.
WHAT TO EXPECT
State Licensed Driving Under the Influence programs provide education, group counseling, individual case management, and an individual substance use assessment.
The goal of the DUI Program is to encourage your exploration of the relationship between alcohol/drug use and the inherent risks involved, resulting in modified drinking/drug use in high-risk situations such as driving.
Program length is based upon Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) and prior DUI Convictions.
• 12-Hour Education Only – SB1176 BAC under .08%
• 3-Month First Offender – AB541 BAC .08% - .15%
• 6-Month First Offender – AB762 BAC .15% - 19%
• 9-Month First Offender – SB1353 BAC .20% or greater
• 18-Month Multiple Offender – More than one DUI Conviction within 10 Years
The program length can also be determined by the courts/DMV based on situations such as hit and run, have a child in the car, or being in a situation where it was determined the individual was under the influence of drugs not alcohol.